As you may have noticed I didn’t have much time and so I nearly missed out the bad ratings… probably caused by the error introduced with split usage of $snmpversion / $snmp_version variable names… sorry guys & thanks to Phillip Bruce for the notice.
This is a collection of updates to all SNMP-based plugins:
- SNMPv3 authentication by username/password pairs fixed
- indentation of all perl files fixed using ‘perltidy -ce -i=2 -pt=2 -l=0’
- SVN tags $Revision$ and $Rev$ replaced by $Id$
- $Id$ now handled by .git/info/attributes after moving from SVN to GIT
List of plugins and versions order:
- check plugin for Citrix snmp4ctx agent (436 downloads) v1.2
- check plugin for comet WebSensor T0510 (413 downloads) v1.1
- (NEW) check plugin for Dell Poweredge (486 downloads) v1.1
- check plugin for Compaq/HP (1039 downloads) v3.3
- check plugin collection for host ressources (473 downloads) v3.9
- check plugin for NetApp SAN (492 downloads) v1.8
- check plugin for Netvision Socomec UPS (454 downloads) v1.1
- check plugin for Windows services (586 downloads) v1.4
Sorry everyone for taking so long for an update… and then this! I have really no chance to test these anymore, so please be aware that this version is NOT tested. Please send me and email if you still find it useful and it works (if not please send me a patch to fix things, thank you!)
Ah yes… credits are to be found in the ChangeLog!
Quick progress these days… as of Andrew Gray’s inquiry I added support for retrieving Smart Array CPU information. This is not active by default and may be used to check and/or gather performance data.
As usual I cleaned some code parts. This time there are some improvements to the output of ‘–help’ and more important to the output of the debug switch (‘-d|–debug’).
The plugin now displays some product information like model, serial number, form factor and asset tag (if given). Thanks to Billy Szkoda for asking for this feature!
Please note: this information is now retrieved by default on every query. If you don’t need or don’t like the idea, or you’d rather have higher performance on a big network, just skip this using ‘-x cpqSystemInfo’ and you’ll get the behaviour as it was before.
Some minor code cleanup done in between.
Updated state information for newer generations of HP equipment. Thanks to Jason Wasser who pointet out an error and by debugging helped discover the missing information provided by new Gen9 servers.
This release now includes the latest MIBS as they are freely available with the HP SIM 7.4 release.
Last not least, after Jason pointed this out, the /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins folder is now automatically searched as well.
Added a check for cpqDaAccelCondition (Drive Array Accelerator Condition) – thanks to Robert Brooks for suggesting this!
Thanks this time to an improvement by Steffen Weinreich who added a parameter that allow “requiring” the presence of some subsystems (they not being there during the check being the issue at hand). Use it by specifying the following:
PS: please verify if the library-settings work for you. If they don’t and you think you have a quite common path, let me know and I’ll add it to the next release!
PS: v2.16 is a bugfix-release for v2.15 and v2.14 – those were broken because of the automatic libexec folder-discovery! Sorry to everyone – it took me 2 months to get to fix things!!
Many thanks to Rod Payne, Buffalo NY, for the current addition.
He suggested it would be helpful to specify particular values that should be treated as warnings. Specifically this could mean that instead of treating all NIC logical group problems as warnings, he would want to make “redundancyReduced” a warning and leave “redundancyLost” as critical. He extended the code to allow the
warning exception to be more specific using the following syntax:
Got a few nice inputs from George Hansper, who thought it better to indicate more details about single component units in order to have the possibility to exclude some specific device.
This may not be a best practice to be followed, but nevertheless is a valid requirement in some specific and possibly temporary cases.
Thanks George for pointing out and testing the current version!