Use this Nagios/Icinga plugin if you would like to reliably monitor your Comet WebSensor T0510 using SNMP instead of some ugly and forking wget/awk hack. Any feedback would be welcome!
Quick progress these days… as of Andrew Gray’s inquiry I added support for retrieving Smart Array CPU information. This is not active by default and may be used to check and/or gather performance data.
As usual I cleaned some code parts. This time there are some improvements to the output of ‘–help’ and more important to the output of the debug switch (‘-d|–debug’).
Some more fixes and cleanup in the code of this new Windows Service Check for Nagios. Most important: I fixed a wrong interpretation of mine related to the first byte in the OID presentation of the DisplayString: it states the length of the string to be expected and is not part of the string itself. Knowing that the string needs not be filtered.
Added the LanMgr-2 MIB which is the basis for the information we are looking up through this script.
There is something new here…. this is work I did quite a few years ago for a client of mine, but it was never published in public. Hopefully it will be useful for some. If so, please let me know!
The plugin now displays some product information like model, serial number, form factor and asset tag (if given). Thanks to Billy Szkoda for asking for this feature!
Please note: this information is now retrieved by default on every query. If you don’t need or don’t like the idea, or you’d rather have higher performance on a big network, just skip this using ‘-x cpqSystemInfo’ and you’ll get the behaviour as it was before.
Some minor code cleanup done in between.
Updated state information for newer generations of HP equipment. Thanks to Jason Wasser who pointet out an error and by debugging helped discover the missing information provided by new Gen9 servers.
This release now includes the latest MIBS as they are freely available with the HP SIM 7.4 release.
Last not least, after Jason pointed this out, the /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins folder is now automatically searched as well.
Added a check for cpqDaAccelCondition (Drive Array Accelerator Condition) – thanks to Robert Brooks for suggesting this!
Thanks this time to an improvement by Steffen Weinreich who added a parameter that allow “requiring” the presence of some subsystems (they not being there during the check being the issue at hand). Use it by specifying the following:
PS: please verify if the library-settings work for you. If they don’t and you think you have a quite common path, let me know and I’ll add it to the next release!
PS: v2.16 is a bugfix-release for v2.15 and v2.14 – those were broken because of the automatic libexec folder-discovery! Sorry to everyone – it took me 2 months to get to fix things!!
Many thanks to Rod Payne, Buffalo NY, for the current addition.
He suggested it would be helpful to specify particular values that should be treated as warnings. Specifically this could mean that instead of treating all NIC logical group problems as warnings, he would want to make “redundancyReduced” a warning and leave “redundancyLost” as critical. He extended the code to allow the
warning exception to be more specific using the following syntax:
Got a few nice inputs from George Hansper, who thought it better to indicate more details about single component units in order to have the possibility to exclude some specific device.
This may not be a best practice to be followed, but nevertheless is a valid requirement in some specific and possibly temporary cases.
Thanks George for pointing out and testing the current version!